2.1. What’s new in CIS 1.2¶
This page documents the new features added, and bugs fixed in CIS since version 1.1. See all changes here: https://github.com/cedadev/cis/compare/1.1.0...1.2.0
2.1.1. CIS 1.2 features¶
- All new
cis infocommand provides much more detailed information about ungridded data variables and enables multiple variables to be output at a time.
- Updated a number of routines to take advantage of Iris 1.8 features. In particular gridded-gridded collocation using the nearest neighbour kernel should be significantly faster. Iris 1.8 is now the minimum version required for CIS.
- Gridded-ungridded collocation now supports collocation from cubes with hybrid height or hybrid pressure coordinates for both nearest neighbour and linear interpolation kernels.
- Built-in support for reading multiple HadGEM .pp files directly.
- All new API and plugin development documentation, including a number of tutorials
2.1.2. Bugs fixed¶
- JASCIS-253 - Any ungridded points which contain a NaN in any of its coordinate values will now be ignored by CIS
- JASCIS-250 - Multiple HadGEM files can now be read correctly through the new data plugins.
- JASCIS-197 - Gridded-gridded collocation now respects scalar coordinates
- JASCIS-199 - Aggregation now correctly uses the bounds supplied by the user, even when collapsing to length one coordinates.
- Speed improvement to the ungridded-gridded collocation using linear interpolation
- Several bug fixes for reading multiple GASSP ship files
- Renamed and restructured the collocation modules for consistency
- Many documentation spelling and formatting updates
- Many code formatting updates for PEP8 compliance